Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

In game voice chat

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AmorousLovers, Feb 5, 2016.

1. AmorousLovers

AmorousLovers Delta User R:1 Veteran

Lol, I know this is impossible, but its something that I really loved about the .hack series was interacting with character through actual communication, hearing their feelings and behaviors, versus just reading a chat bubble/box.

I think the game I played was Phantasy Star Universe: The Ambitions of Illuminus Online Expansion where you could reuqest to chat with someone on your friends list in-game if they were online. Although, that WAS on Xbox live. XD

Is something like this even possible? Like, i remember in the anime/game/movie, they had a "public voice" setting and a "whisper voice" setting for private chats.how cool would that be? XD
  2. Zaren

Zaren Administrator Staff Member R:1 Veteran

It's not really impossible, just not very practical. It usually causes more problems than it helps and people don't really tend to use it much. Plus there's that whole issue of some people having crappy mics or playing loud annoying music in the background lol. It also tends to get messy with harassment and scamming issues because we wouldn't have chat logs to look back on.
    tsuuuka likes this.
  3. AmorousLovers

AmorousLovers Delta User R:1 Veteran

I can see that. Itll be fun to play with others though with voice chat on discord or raidcall though. I guess We'll just use those then. XP.
  4. Tyrial

Tyrial Code Whisperer Staff Member R:1 Veteran

Yeah, the biggest issue is the practical use. Volume control and muting (individual basis) would be an easy way to fix some of the problems, but there's also SO many alternatives for people to voice chat with that the priority of having a working-model for R:2 is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    maxresdefault.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa low
  5. Jetstream

Jetstream Theta User

battle, whisper, party chats and in @homes can be good enough right?