Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

[Poll] Warlock & Cleric weapons

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zaren, Jan 17, 2016.

?

What do you think about shared weapons between Warlocks & Clerics?

1. Warlocks & Clerics should both be able to use Staves and Tomes.

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. Warlocks should be able to use Staves & Tomes, Clerics only Staves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Warlocks should have their own type of Staves separate from the Clerics.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Warlocks should stay with Tomes and Clerics with Staves (No change).

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Clerics should be able to use Staves & Tomes, Warlocks only Tomes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Clerics should get special Tomes apart from Warlocks,

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Both classes should get special Staves & Tomes made for them.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Other: Please specify in the comments below.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Zaren

Zaren Administrator Staff Member R:1 Veteran

As we all (probably) know Shadow Warlocks in G.U only used books/tomes as weapons and Clerics only used staves. However in R:1 Wavemasters were sort of a hybrid of both and I'm aware that many people are very attached to their Wavemaster class. That being said we won't have Wavemasters in R:2 rather I'm interested in seeing what the community thinks about Warlocks and Clerics sharing weapons.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  2. Firelad

Firelad Delta User

I believe they should get their own Staves and Tombs separate to balance the game. Sharing weapons possibly will throw the game off.
  3. Moemoedesu

Moemoedesu Delta User

Thinking about it, I don't think there really was a difference between staves and tombs in R:2 apart from cosmetics, when you get into the crunch of it. The only way it would really matter would be if we were going to keep some skills attached to items, but then you could just make staves and tombs better suited for healing and harming by giving them multipliers for their respective roles. Either way, I'm putting my vote for shared weapons, all the way.
    Zaren likes this.
  4. Zaren

Skills won't be attached to items in R:2 unless its a special case, so if we did end up sharing them for both classes we would probably give staves higher def stats and tomes higher attack stats. There's also a chance that if we end up not sharing the weapons then we might have a few cosmetic changes to make tomes into staves and vice versa.
    Moemoedesu likes this.
  5. Moemoedesu

Moemoedesu Delta User

Either way, just make it obvious somehow that clerics are clerics and warlocks are warlocks, since in PvP picking one or the other off would be important.
  6. Firelad

Firelad Delta User

Are you serious? It's as if they're not mages, instead they are fighters using staves and tomes as a weapon... It's just my opinion.
    Why can't it be Magic Defense and Magic Attack instead?
  7. AmorousLovers

AmorousLovers Delta User R:1 Veteran

I totally think there should be no change. Tomes (aren't they Grimoires?) should be with Shadow Warlock as well as the staves with the Harvest Clerics. I'm pretty sure I'll be going with Shadow Warlock myself... but I'm also fond of the way Endrance played as a Blade Brandier. I've never played outside mage classes, so that would be interesting.
    Tyrial likes this.
  8. Zaren

Magic Defense and Magic Attack is what I was referring too. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    Firelad likes this.
  9. AmorousLovers

AmorousLovers Delta User R:1 Veteran

If these are the case, if classes have access to both..Harvest Cleric is mostly healing, I think it would pointless to have two classes in that case. Healing classes shouldn't have much MAtk stats because they're a support class. giving them balanced stats would make them a solo class, which they aren't really meant to be, i think. Shadow Warlocks are great for DPS, but they must be a lot on the offense and lack defense.
    Firelad likes this.
  10. Zaren

The weapons themselves wouldn't be enough to make up the difference in attack power between Warlocks and Clerics, and the weapons also wont be able to effect the skills, Clerics still wont get the heavy attack spells that Warlocks will get and Warlocks wont be getting the superior buffs, heals, and curses that Clerics will have.
  11. ZBrM

ZBrM Theta User

I think the weapons should be inter-changeable, but the skills attached to them are not.

First off, I really enjoy playing healing classes. I make a good party-rounder, and I think it would be entirely awesome to have my cleric sitting off on the sidelines casting spells from a giant grimoire. In fact, I think the weapons for the two should have been switched as well. Warlock should use a staff, and clerics should have used a book. It makes more sense.

Anyway, I didn't vote, so just mark one down for whatever you think my words apply to.
  12. Jetstream

Jetstream Theta User

hard finding the higher levels of weapons of a staff for a cleric and a grimore for the S-warlock. but i think it should just stick with it's respected class. Want fans? be a Dancer. lol Hey i wonder if people would be a Adept rogue of scythe and steam gunner if you guys made a off-franchise weapon like Ruby's weapon from RWBY
  13. Firelad

Firelad Delta User

Hey, I believed that in GU, Cleric is able to get a couple of attack spells, including strong ones. This applies to the Warlock as well, since they also got healing spells and curses. I also believed that they can only be obtained at higher levels than they were originally.
  14. Moemoedesu

Moemoedesu Delta User

I believe that warlocks just got sick mag-atk scaling.
  15. Firelad

Firelad Delta User

Indeed, because Cleric isn't powerful as Warlock is, but they still have access to the attack spells, as Warlock does with healing spells and curses.
    EDIT: Forgot to mention that healing spells and curses for Warlocks aren't strong as Clerics do. The effects are different, when they use that's not for their class. Either way, they still can use them. I've completed GU like 10 times in two - four days a long time ago.
  16. Jetstream

Jetstream Theta User

welp if that ha[pens, then Steam gunners get Dual Guns lol.
  17. Firelad

Firelad Delta User

I believe the dual guns are only for Haseo because he's special. Or that special class he got as Xth Job.
    I wonder if we'll get our own Xth jobs when we play as Adept Rouge?

And actually, an interesting fact... in .hack//LINK, every class got their own Xth job with a bonus skill and/or weapon. No 1st, 2nd, or 3rd job unless it's Adept Rouge. (Not the game itself, The World R:X itself.)
  18. Jetstream

Jetstream Theta User

would be very interesting, lets give that a shot of hope for availability
  19. Firelad

Firelad Delta User

Maybe... as a rare class? Or hard job change quest? Or only during an event? :3 'Cause that class is kinda OP.
  20. Jetstream

Jetstream Theta User

if you're not use to it at least. im playing vol 3 and havent gotten it yet