Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

[Poll] Warlock & Cleric weapons

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zaren, Jan 17, 2016.

?

What do you think about shared weapons between Warlocks & Clerics?

1. Warlocks & Clerics should both be able to use Staves and Tomes.

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. Warlocks should be able to use Staves & Tomes, Clerics only Staves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Warlocks should have their own type of Staves separate from the Clerics.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Warlocks should stay with Tomes and Clerics with Staves (No change).

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Clerics should be able to use Staves & Tomes, Warlocks only Tomes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Clerics should get special Tomes apart from Warlocks,

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Both classes should get special Staves & Tomes made for them.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Other: Please specify in the comments below.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Firelad

Firelad Delta User

I'm serious, dude. With that class, Haseo is very OP to every monsters including Players during PvP and Arena. Not against Cubia, though, but it is effective.

If I recall correctly... This does not apply to the Forest of Pain, and for some reasons it seems odd to me.
  2. Jetstream

Jetstream Theta User

welp still, we can all have some extensions, maybe Story-mode.
    Firelad likes this.
  3. Zaren

Zaren Administrator Staff Member R:1 Veteran

Shadow Warlocks and Harvest Clerics wont have all the same spells. Clerics will get a lot of low and high level buffs, curses, and heals with some lower tier magic attacks. Warlocks will get a lot of low and high tier magic attacks, and only a handful of lower tier heals, buffs, and curses (maybe no curses at all).

On a side note, yes gunners will be able to have dual pistols (probably at level 50 with a quest requirement) but no they wont be as OP as Haseo's Xth form.
  4. Moemoedesu

Moemoedesu Delta User

Oi @Zaren , will adept rogues follow the point system, or are we doing this differently?
    (inb4 has nothing to do with staves and tombs)

Also I love how the bbs in GU said that rogue was garbage, and yet Haseo had the highest stat scalings of every single character. :|
  5. Firelad

Firelad Delta User

I know, right!? I love Haseo and always will!
    Jetstream likes this.
  6. Jetstream

Jetstream Theta User

i do like the system haseo followed for his rogue class extensions, but do we switch with skill trigger early now? or wait for our points are complete?
  7. Zaren

@Moemoedesu Yes, Adept Rogues will follow the point system.
    Moemoedesu likes this.
  8. Tyrial

Tyrial Code Whisperer Staff Member R:1 Veteran

Haseo was an exception because of his Avatar.
    Firelad likes this.
  9. AmorousLovers

AmorousLovers Delta User R:1 Veteran

How exactly would Adept Rogues work, stat wise? I mean, they get to be three different classes eventually, right? are the stats split in thirds to equal what normal stats would be?
    Sin, Firelad and Jetstream like this.
  10. Moemoedesu

Moemoedesu Delta User

I'm pretty sure rogues can have only 2 classes as well, if their still working off of the same points that the current system is on.
    Firelad likes this.
  11. Jetstream

Jetstream Theta User

adept rogue all the way. Though 2 classes suck, the more the merrier
    Firelad likes this.
  12. Sin

Sin Delta User

@Zaren

I would like to see Warlocks and Harvest Clerics having ways to deviate from one class to the other in combat-specializations regarding them. What I mean by this is close to the final 25 Levels to maxing a caster of these two sorts... They should have ways to branch off from regular types of combat. I believe it would be an interesting game mechanic to see a Melee Dark Knight-Like Warlock with a 2H-Blade in full Platemail that nullifys magical attacks and strengthening melee-combined offensive aoe attacks in two. For Harvest Clerics I would like to see them equipping GunBlades which may be used to shoot or stab heals in either short-rapid or long-range consecutive ways. They should also be able to launch suppression shots to negate and steal enemy bonuses to give to his/her teammates. I think doing something like this would be quite ideal for late-game raids when parties may group up with other parties to take down stronger and larger bosses that require elite specializations for all classes. Good Game Mechanics, Good Game Knowledge, and Good Teamwork would allow experience and synergy between Elite Classes that you can't find in Normal Classes at the lower tiers.
  13. AmorousLovers

I see where you're going, but that would defeat having any type of mage class or melee classes with skills, i would think. Having them as melee classes would consider them OP. Classes, i feel, are made to make uo for what the others lack, otherwise, everything would either be balanced universally and you can switch weapons to change your stats or all classes would be OP and the game would lack a lot of co-op since players wouldnt need a healer or magic dealer.
    Sin and Jetstream like this.
  14. Zaren

@Sin, @AmorousLovers Is right. What we're leaning toward is having a few (probably 3) weapon skins that both magic classes can use in the donation shop and not allowing any kind of weapon sharing meaning Warlocks get tomes and Clerics get staves with the exception of the weapon skins. On the other note, Adept rogues will go off of a point system similar to the one described in the dot hack wiki meaning that most ARs will be able to get 3 classes depending on what they choose.
    Tyrial, Sin and Jetstream like this.
  15. Sin

Sin Delta User

Hrmm.... Tough Call there... :'(* It would just seem rather less bland though with some customization features... I can't understand how unbalanced that would be since I haven't played any of the G.U.'s yet. But I do implore you guys to keep my idea opened if such an event ever arises. At least consider having a RAID Structure though, because I HAVE seen the .Hack//Movie and it seems to have that structure in the game.
  16. Jetstream

Jetstream Theta User

The world game at that area would be R:X, and further

this is R:2 so dont think outside the box for the classes like the //Movie
    Tyrial likes this.
  17. Sin

Sin Delta User

See I dunno the universies LOL I'm still in the dark ages! ^^
  18. Moemoedesu

Moemoedesu Delta User

@Sin, IMO a good way to avoid getting bored with it would be to allow customization of the spells, but that brings in a whole 'nother can of worms...
    Sin and Tyrial like this.
  19. Sin

Sin Delta User

Aye that was something I was wondering if they could program
  20. AmorousLovers

Itll make more sense one you play the G.U games. :)